Sunday, January 22, 2006

22 weeks...

Okay, so it's been about a week and a half now since we found out that our baby is an Audrey! We are sooo excited!! And may I say that she is spoiled already! Just since we found out that she was a girl she has gotten the following: 2 rattles, a set of bath toys, a rubber ducky, 2 pairs of butterfly booties, another pair of little booties, a pair of butterfly rattle mittens, 2 bibs, a 'dadd'y's girl' onsie, a receiving blanket, a cuuute dress, a headband, and the cutest, frilly newborn shoes that you'll ever see!
Audrey is now getting very active. There are a lot more times during the day that I feel her moving about... and nope, you can't feel her from the outside, yet! I'm also finding myself getting more and more nauseous as time goes on...and here I thought that it was just going to get better, oh well, you win some and lose some, I guess. I'm also getting HUGE in the belly. I now look pregnant even when sitting down. I can't imagine 18 more weeks of growing!! But time is starting to go by faster now. The first trimester seemed to drag, but now it kind of seems like time is starting to fly. There seems like there is still so much left to do before Audrey comes and it seems like I have just enough time to do it in!
Oh, I went and registered this past week at both Babies 'R' Us and Target. (Thanks to Shannon for helping me get over my scanner inhibitions!) ;p I went absolutely CRAZY with the scanning, but oh well! I had lots of fun. I'm really excited about her bedding, it's called Gossamer Wings and it's at Babies 'R' Us and it's soooo precious!
Oh and I'll try to put up a new pic tomorrow. Anyways, onto the baby stuff for this week.

Your Baby's Development This Week:
Your baby is able to pick up and react to more stimuli. For example, music, sudden loud noises, or vibrations from a bus ride can stir your baby into activity.

Other Changes That Are Happening:
~Your baby's brain is growing rapidly and will continue to grow for the next five years.
~Though your baby is gaining important amounts of fat, he or SHE is still very lean at 1% body fat.
~The baby's eyelids are making blinking movements though they are still fused shut.

Baby's Size (head to rump) and Weight This Week:
Size: About 7.6 inches.
Weight: Approximately 12.5 ounces.

Right now your baby is about the size of a child's mini Nerf football.

No comments: