Thursday, February 02, 2006

23.5 weeks...

Okay, so I'm now 23.5 weeks along. In some ways this feels like it's taking FOREVER, but in other ways time seems to be flying right along. It's strange to think that in 3.5 weeks I'll be entering my third, and final, trimester. Wow! Thoughts of everything that I have to do before our little girl gets here completely overwhelm my mind. There is a whole lot to do. And it's not only the baby stuff, but Youth ministry stuff (I'm trying to get summer camp planned), and figuring out our living situation, etc. It's just a lot. And I know that especially once I hit the last three months time will really fly.

What's been going on this week? The top thing is Bryan FINALLY got to feel Audrey kicking. It happened at 12:47am on Tuesday. I was still trying to go to sleep (nighttime bathroom breaks are getting more and more frequent!) and I felt her kicking me really hard in the side, so I put my hand on my side and I could feel it really well from the outside. So, I woke Bryan up and put his hand there. I didn't know if I should wake him up considering every time that he's tried to feel her she stops moving around. But anyway, he left his hand there for a bit and then all of a sudden she kicked really hard. He felt her like 4 or 5 times that night. I was crying I was so happy! And he was extremely excited too! Later that day my mom got to feel her moving around two different times. And Bryan also felt her yesterday morning and this morning. Yea! So, that's my BIG news of the week!

Oh and my cravings are changing. Early in the pregnancy my cravings were for things that were salty and savory tasting (I think that's one of the reasons I thought that it was a boy). But now it's starting to shift towards the sweeter things. I'm really getting to where I like fruit juice a lot. I had a white cranberry peach juice the other night and it was SOOO good! I also like fruit smoothies now (I've had two from Sonic since Saturday) and ice cream is also sounding really tasty to me!

Audrey's development this week:
Your baby continues to grow and gain weight. The smallest bones in the human body are found in the middle ear (hammer, anvil, and stirrup) and are forming. This will make it possible for the baby to hear in the near future.

Other changes that are happening:
~A heat-producing fat (called brown fat) is helping to keep the baby warm.
~The baby's body is becoming more normally proportioned, though the head continues to look out of proportion.

Baby's size (head to rump) this week: 8 inches

Weight: 1 pound

Right now your baby is slightly smaller in length than a child's Barbie doll.

No comments: