Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Starting of the Diary...

So, I have decided to update this blog more often. Some of it might seem boring, please forgive me, but I'm just going to start keeping a "diary" of sorts documenting what happens in my day to day life and some of it might be just things that I'm thinking about.

Right now I'm gearing myself up to go back to work. Work has been VERY slow this summer and I'm ready for it to pick up again! In case you don't know I work part-time at a church daycare/nursery. My hours are not really consistent because the nursery is open whenever there is something going on at the church that requires childcare. So sometimes I work in the mornings and sometimes I work in the evenings. Starting next week I'll have a semi-consistent schedule of 3 or 4 shifts a week. I love this job because I get to bring Audrey to work with me. I can't imagine leaving her to go to work. So she gets to come with me and have socialization with other kids her age, I get to be with my daughter, and I get to make a little bit of extra money. It's great!

Another thing that's been on my mind lately is schooling. I know, I know, Audrey is only 16 months old, but I guess because of the fact that time seems to be flying and also because Audrey is learning so much on what seems like a daily basis, I think about this a LOT! My hope is that I'll be able to home school our kids. The way it is now I'm just not satisfied with the public schools in our area and private schools are just way too expensive. I'm actually going to start "schooling" Audrey in a few weeks here. It'll probably only be like 2 a week and it's not going to be a hard learning environment by any means. I'm just going to start working with her more on the basic stuff, colors, shapes, etc., but in a more constructive learning environment. Also, I found this book that I'm going to get when we get payed next. It's a book of activities for infants and toddlers, it has LOTS of neat, creative activities that are separated into different learning categories and it also tells you the best ages to do each activity with. I'm really excited about it and ready to start. I want learning to be a fun and creative experience for Audrey (and our future kids) and I want them to crave knowledge. This is definitely something that Bryan and I both agree on.

Today has been a nice, fun day for Audrey and myself. We spent most of the morning at home playing inside and then playing with the dogs outside, although the outside part only lasted for a little while because it is WAY too hot out there! After that we just went and walked around Hobby Lobby, Teacher's Heaven, and Wal-Mart. Also, we added in a quick trip to Bryan's work to drop off his wallet and say a quick "Hello!", then we came home and had lunch and then I put Audrey down for a nap. Tonight when Bryan gets home he is going to grill some chicken and I'm going to make the best cornbread stuffing in the world!!! And then after Audrey is in bed I'm going to try and sneak in a gym run.

My goal is, starting next week, to get a better daytime routine down for Audrey and myself. I don't want it to be rigid by any means, but I think it would do us both some good to set up some routines. I would really like for us to be doing some sort of activity from mid-morning until her new naptime of 1:30 or so. Whether it be "schooling", or going to work, or going to the park, or what not, I'd like for our mornings to be our "busy" time. I'm switching Audrey to one nap a day and by 2:00 at the latest she's pooped! Also, when she takes one nap a day, it's a LONG nap, upwards of 3-4 hours!!! So afternoons will be my quiet time and time to get stuff done around the house. I'm thinking that this will work GREAT for us...wish me luck!

I guess that this is it for now. I know that this is a long post. I'll post more tomorrow!!
Peace.

No comments: