Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm Actually Working Out!!!

So, this past week has gone by in a blur. I was so happy and ready to get back to work, but I didn't realize how much of it there was going to be. I figured maybe 3 shifts at the most, but no, I worked 6 shifts (and ones that are longer than I'm used to, at that) in a 4 day period. I was just kind of in a "go" mode for a few days there. My whole routine went bust!! The only things that I managed to stay on top of was my new workout routine and I managed to keep the house looking kinda decent.

This weekend was great though! Bryan has been off since Friday at about 1:00pm. He had yesterday off since it was Labor Day (it was also his birthday!), and he went ahead and took today off too. But sadly he goes back to work tomorrow. =( I've enjoyed having him home, but I know that this is part of the reason it's been hard for me to get back into the swing of things here on the homefront. Does anyone else know what I mean? I'm just not as good about doing things around the house (such as my normal cleaning) when Bryan is home for an extended period. I really need to work on that...

Tomorrow I will get back on track though. With my trusty FlyLady by my side I can do it! If you don't know what FlyLady is you should go to flylady.net and check it out. I swear by this program! Of course I tweak it so it fits me and my lifestyle, but all the basics of this homecare and organizational site are FABULOUS!!!

Last Sunday, August 26th, I started on a new workout routine. Basically all it consists of so far is swimming, swimming and more swimming!! This is what I did for a few months before I got pregnant with Audrey. At the time I was trying to lose the extra weight that I had gained after getting married. And I swear to you more happened in those two or so months than in 6+ months of dieting and other exercise. Swimming is just the golden ticket for getting my body in shape. I've had a gym membership again for the past several months, but I only swam here and there and most of my workouts weren't very hard. But now I have more drive. I've been seriously thinking about baby number 2 for awhile now and the main thing that holding me back is losing the extra mommy padding that I gained with Audrey! While pregnant I gained at least 65lbs. and I want to be down to my pre-preggo size before we try for number 2! I will not continue to gain weight through each pregnancy. I don't want to be one of those women that never loses their "baby" fat and continues to grow and grow with each subsequent pregnancy (sorry if this offends anyone, but it's how I feel). I want to be a HOT MAMA!!! So anyways, my goal is to swim 5 times a week. Last week I did it even with my long days at work, and so far this week I've done it twice. My goal last week was to swim for at least 45 minutes each time (I do stop for short breaks here and there), and this week I've changed my goals to an amount of laps to do every time. My goal this week is to do at least 25 laps each time (down the pool and back is 1 lap) although today I did 30 laps since yesterday was Bryan's birthday and I had a little extra food!! I really feel great so far! And I feel like I can already see a change in my body, even if it's small. Bryan also says he can see a difference and I know that he wouldn't lie to me. So I'm going to see what happens by my birthday (October 9) and take it from there...I think I'm also going to start taking full body pictures of myself every week or so that way I can see the small yet significant changes. Sometimes it's hard to see them or hard to believe them when you're looking in a mirror, but when you have the week by week proof on paper in front of you it's hard to deny!

Anyways, that's all for right now. Wish me luck on my new swimming (and future baby making) venture!!!

Peace!

No comments: