Friday, November 09, 2007

I Love A Messy Child!!!

Okay, so my belief is that a child should be a child and being messy is part of that! Why are some moms SO overly concerned about their children getting a bit messy. Maybe it's because most of the time the moms have to do the cleaning up! I try to keep in mind that stains on clothes are okay as are marks from pens on the body. So what if I have to stick my child in the tub one more time that day. So what if I have to wash another load of clothes or, heaven forbid, throw a shirt away (which, by the way, I've NEVER had to do). Life is too short to be so concerned with this. I love the memories that are made when my daughter gets down right messed up! Of course she won't actually remember any of this, but that's what my memory and cameras are for! The pictures and the smiles on my daughter's face are SOOOO worth the extra 10 or 15 minutes of cleaning that I have to do. So I challenge you to bite the bullet and let your children get messy!

Here are a few instances where Audrey had fun getting messy:

This was chocolate pudding!!




This was Pop-Tarts!!




This was highlighter!!


Notice how if I think ahead of time I'll strip her down to just her diaper to save the clothes!!

2 comments:

D E A N N A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D E A N N A said...

My favorite messy-Audrey was her 1st birthday! :)