Monday, October 29, 2007

Does Laundry Make You Smile?

Being a homemaker I'm the one in charge of doing laundry (by default). This task can be so mundane, boring and even at times, overwhelming. So I like to try to find little ways to cheer myself up while doing even the most basic of tasks. One way is to make my laundry area a little more aesthetically pleasing. I found the following idea in an InStyle Home magazine a few years back and it has always stuck with, so a few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and do it already!!





I just took a round fishbowl style vase and a yellow ceramic measuring cup (both are things that I already owned) and dumped my laundry detergent in. My vase can hold a full 40 load box of powder detergent. Putting it on the dryer reminds me not to put anything else there, so the top stays clutter free. Also, the vase and measuring cup are much more pleasing to the eye than a neon cardboard box and the plastic scoop that comes with the detergent. I encourage you to try this idea. See what creative things you have lying around the house to make into the scoop. It could be a measuring cup, or a large, beautiful seashell. Let the creative juices flow and I promise doing laundry will be a little more pleasant!!

4 comments:

D E A N N A said...

That IS a very cute idea. I've also been meaning to borrow your oil decanter-as-a-dish soap decanter idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

Found your blog at random today, and just wanted to tell you: Oh, that is so cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love this idea