Saturday, November 12, 2005

12 weeks and expanding...



Okay, so tomorrow I'll officially be 12 weeks along. Yea! I'm really expanding in the belly area, and thank God not much elsewhere! But I am now pretty exclusively in maternity pants or jogging pants, everything else just starts cutting into my stomach. And for those wondering why I am already so big in the middle, if you've ever been pregnant you know that you are constantly filled with gas (sorry if TMI!), I'm always burping! Being in my first trimester I've been REALLY tired. Hopefully that will go away soon. I really want to get back into my walking routine, that way I can curb some of the inevitable weight gain. Anyways, I'm also hoping to get over my morning (more like all day) sickness soon. It sucks because I'll just randomly get nauseous and start dry heaving, even in the middle of a conversation. I'm praying that it's gone VERY soon!

Here's the info for week 12 from Babyfit.com:
Both you and the baby are growing right along. By now you have probably gained 2-4 lbs. The baby's palate has formed. The palate divides the mouth from the nose, making it possible to eat and breathe at the same time.
Other changes that are happening:
~Your baby's fingernails and toenails are beginning to grow.
~The baby's brain has the basic structure that it will have at birth.
~The baby's digestive tract is becoming functional and developing the ability to push through food.
Baby's size (head to rump) this week: About 2.5 inches.
Right now your baby is about the size of a billiard ball.

This pic was taken on 11/12/05 at 11weeks and 6days.

No comments: