Thursday, December 15, 2005

16.5 weeks...


Okay so I know that this post is a little later than normal and that I haven't been good at all about keeping up with the pictures, forgive me!

So on to what's happening now. Last week was the absolute WORST week of morning sickness that I've had so far... But thank God that this week I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just really sensitive to the smell and the looks of certain things. I also felt the baby moving, did I already post that?! I can feel it when I'm lying real still and there is minimal noise around. I have to concentrate. At first the feeling was like fingers lightly tapping inside my stomach and now it's become a swooshing feeling, like the baby is doing somersaults or something! Last night Bryan and I were in bed and my stomach was touching his back, and it felt like the baby was going crazy in there. Just moving all around. It's a very weird feeling to describe, but it's the best!!

Also, I've gotten several responses back on the sex of the baby. The results so far are:
BOY: 7 people think this!
GIRL: 5 people think this!
If you haven't already voted, please do. I'm very interested to know what everyone thinks! We have less than 6 weeks before we find out!

Your baby this week:
This week the baby's muscles are continuing their development. The baby is going through motions to prepare for life outside the womb. Now the baby can kick with its legs, turn its feet in and outward at the ankles and even curl its toes. The baby's head has experienced significant growth, but during this month the body will now begin to grow faster than the head.

Other changes that are happening:
~The baby's head and neck will straighten more this week as back muscles get stronger and more bone is formed.
~Toenails are now forming from the nail bed.

Baby's Size (head to rump) This Week: About 4.3 to 4.7 inches.

Weight: Approximately 2.75 ounces.

Right now the baby would fill the size of your open palm and fingers.

No comments: