Monday, December 19, 2005

17 weeks...

So, as of yesterday I am 17weeks along. The only thing that is really different this week is that I'm feeling the baby pretty regularly! I can't wait for the movements to get strong enough for Bryan to feel too! Also, Bryan is convinced that the baby is a girl, so he has started calling my stomach Audrey (our name for a girl)! We'll see in about 5weeks if he's right.

The poll so far:
Boy: 11 people think this
Girl: 6 people think this
Well, obviously most people think that it's a boy. If you haven't already, let me know what your vote is!

Your baby's development this week:
The baby is growing quite rapidly this week. A full supply of blood is traveling through the umbilical cord, causing tension (like a water filled hose). This, combined with the baby's movements, keeps the cord from knotting. Your baby has its own circulation of blood and a heart that is beating strongly. The baby's heart is circulating about 25 quarts of blood a day.

Other changes that are happening:
~The baby's bones are hardening. If you were to take an x-ray, the skeleton would be visible.
~By this week, your baby may suck its thumb.

Baby's size (head to rump) this week: About 4.5 to 4.75inches.

Weight: Approximately 3.5ounces.

Right now your baby is about the size of a stick of butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you already put me down for a girl? see you guys tonight.

Anonymous said...

Jen, just by looking at your pix, my guess is girl!
I can't tell you how excited we are all to view your blog site as you update. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. Thanks for the Christmas card. I'll be sending pix! Your Auntie Janice Mills in Del Rio....