Tuesday, February 07, 2006

24 weeks...


Wow, 24 weeks already!! 16 more to go...In some ways it seems like it's going to take FOREVER, but then I was reading the messageboards that I go on and 9 babies from the March 2006 board have been born already, can you believe that?!! I better start getting my butt in gear! There is SOOO much that I still have left to do, and I haven't even started my list like I was supposed to do last week. Well, maybe this week! ;p

Audrey is still moving around everywhere, as a matter of fact she's moving right now! I love the feeling of having my baby moving about inside of me! Tomorrow is another doctor's appointment, so I'm looking forward to hearing her little heartbeat again.

Only three more weeks until I begin my first prenatal class. The first one is a one night, three hour class on infant care, I'm actually really looking forward to it! I love learning new things, especially about babies, and with taking the classes it makes it feel more and more like this is happening soon!

Audrey's development this week:
Your baby is steadily growing and it is likely that each day you are becoming more aware of the baby's movements. You can expect to gain about a pound a week this month as both you and the baby grow!

Other changes that are happening:
~The baby's skin is very wrinkled right now but will smooth out when more fat is deposited and muscles further develop.
~The baby's skin is very transparent at this time. If you could see the baby you could see the bones and organs through the skin.
~At this time, you may be able to have someone put an ear to your abdomen and hear the baby's heartbeat without the aid of a stethoscope.

Baby's size (head to rump) this week: About 8.5 inches

Weight: Approximately 1.25 pounds

Audrey is about the same size as the width of a standard size sheet of paper!

No comments: