Monday, February 20, 2006

26 weeks...


Well here we are, less than 14 weeks left until my due date... That's kind of frightening! I'm definitely looking forward to being able to meet this little person who's been using my bladder like a trampoline for the last week straight!! It's amazing because I feel her moving around so much. Sometimes it's not even kicks, it just feels like she kind of floats into the front of my stomach.

I'm actually really loving being pregnant, even though now that I'm getting bigger it's getting harder and harder to move around. It's a big ordeal to just flip from one side to the other in bed, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in another few months...

Let's see, I went and took my one hour glucose test on Thursday, but I still haven't gotten the results back on it. Hopefully within the next few days I'll know. Tomorrow I'm going to call around and get an appointment set up for a 3D/4D ultrasound, I really can't wait to see that!

I've started nesting big time...I don't have a big home (we live in an apartment), but I'm finding plenty of things to tear apart and put back together. Last night I spent about five hours finishing up my bedroom closet and cleaning out my linen closet and under the sink in my bathroom. I've already re-organized the kitchen and the laundry room and the hall closet...Now I just have a really big urge to go out and buy tons of clear plastic containers that way I can be SUPER organized!! Oh well, one can dream!

Also, now I'm craving sweet things a whole lot more. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and I had to buy some ice cream..so I got Ben & Jerry's Fossil Fuel ice cream and Stawberry Whole Fruit bars...mmmm!! I might have to go get one of those out of the freezer now...

Audrey's Development This Week:
Your baby is putting on more weight at this time. Recall that you can expect to gain about a pound a week this month as you and the baby grow. This week marks a special time as the baby's brain wave activity begins for the visual and auditory systems. It will be some time, however, until the baby comprehends what it's sensing.

Other Changes That Are Happening:
~With the nostrils now open, the baby will now making more breathing movements to prepare for taking in air at birth.
~Your baby's lungs secrete surfactant to keep the lung tissue from sticking together.
~At this point the baby has completed two-thirds of it's stay in your womb.

Baby's Size (head to rump): About 9.25 inches

Weight: Approximately 2 pounds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so adorable!

-D