Tuesday, February 28, 2006

27 weeks = 3rd trimester!!

So, it's official, I'm now in the homestretch!! On Sunday I started my third and final trimester, yea!! I'm getting more and more excited every single day!

Let's see what's been going on this week? First, I had found out that I failed my one hour glucose test, so on Friday I went in for the three hour test. Let me tell you, that was so not fun...They drew blood four times in a three hour period...ugh. But, the good news is that I found out today that I passed the three hour test, so I do not have gestational diabetes...yea!

Also, I am now officially not wearing my wedding rings. Last week I decided to go ahead and take them off because they were getting a tad bit tight, well I got my engagement ring off, but my wedding band didn't want to budge. Bryan suggested that I try running it under hot water (I'd already tried cold water, lotion, soap, etc.). So, I waited until the next day (since my finger was even more swollen because of all the yanking) and I tried it and thank the Lord that it came off, I was freaking out thinking that I was going to have to get it cut off. So I'm now ringless, I'll probably go out and get a cheap wedding band to carry me through the next few months. I miss my rings!! :(

On Thursday I'll have my first prenatal class. This one is going to be an infant care class, and I'm excited about taking it...everything is happening so fast now! Also, my next doctor's appointment is next week and then my appointments go to three weeks apart and then two weeks, two weeks, and finally onto every week! And in two weeks we're getting a 3D/4D ultrasound done, I'm really looking forward to that!!

Oh, and if you're wondering about cravings, my latest thing is apple juice. I can't get enough of it. Before now I don't think that I had any in years...oh, and yesterday I finally gave into the orange sherbert craving that I've had...yum!

Your Baby's Development:
Size- Your baby has doubled her weight in the past month and is the size of a bag of flour. She now weighs almost 2 1/2 pounds. Her total length is nearly 15 inches.

Development- Your baby's lungs are now capable of breathing air! This is big news. It means that if the baby is born from now on, she'll be able to survive with less medical intervention. Your baby's main job right now is to put the finishing touches on major organ systems, such as her brain, lungs, and liver. As you can probably tell, she's also working on gaining layers of fat. Her body fat is about two to three percent. Your baby's eyes, which were covered by her eyelid folds at the sixth week of pregnancy, are capable of opening this week. Her sucking and swallowing skills are improving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I remember my one craving when I was pregnant with Kelly was apples!! I ate 2 at a time on occaion. Haven't done that since. So excited for you - it will really fly by now. What a wonderful pregnancy you have had. Love your website. Aunt Jennifer