Thursday, March 30, 2006

31.5 weeks...

Okay, so I didn't put up a post last week, and I haven't done a belly picture in several...I know, I'm falling down on the job!

Yesterday I had a 3D/4D ultasound done, which you can read about (and see) in the previous post. I also had a doctor's appointment, which I definitely needed. I've been swelling up really bad, to the point where it's hurting. Yesterday my feet kind of resembled blown up surgical gloves...yuck! Also, three of the fingers on my right hand have been constantly numb, and anytime I grip anything with my right hand it falls asleep almost instantly. I even have been having a hard time signing my name. Well, the doctor told me that I have pregnancy carpal tunnel in my right hand. Basically since I'm so swollen the swelling has pinched a nerve in my wrist that causes the numbing and tingling. All that I can really do for this right now is wear a wrist brace to stabilize my wrist. He said that once I have the baby it should go away. Fun, almost two more months with numb fingers!! As far as my swelling goes, he said that he wants to get it under control because it puts me at a slightly higher risk for toxemia (though my blood pressure is and has been great). I'm not supposed to drink any soda, I'm supposed to watch my salt intake, and I'm supposed to keep my feet up as much as possible. So, that's what I'm doing. Today the swelling has gone down a lot in my ankles and feet (although they are still swollen), you can actually feel the bone in my ankles now!! I slept with them up all night, which really seemed to help! So this is my main focus right now...

So, we're at over 31 weeks now. I've got 5 weeks and 3 days until I'm considered full term, and 8 weeks 3 days until my due date! Yea! It's all coming very fast now. On Tuesday Bryan and I start child birth classes, those run for 3.5 hours every Tuesday in April. I'm actually really looking forward to it!

Here's about how big Audrey is...
Weight: about 3.5 pounds
Total length: about 18 inches
(These figures are out of a book, not based on doctor's measurements!)

No comments: