Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Baby Shower #1!!

So, this past Saturday was my first baby shower! It was SOOOO much fun! I got tons of great stuff for Audrey. She is definitely going to be one girly-girl, you should have seen how much pink was in that room!!
I guess I'll tell you a bit about the shower. It was thrown by my bestest buddy, Shannon, with some help from my mom. They did a fabulous job. I know that a LOT of thought and planning went into it and I'm so grateful! We had some light finger foods there, I left stuffed! And the cakes were actually cupcake cakes, meaning they were individual cupcakes iced as one big sheet cake and the design on top matched the design on the cups, napkins, and plates. It was very yummy!
We played three games, two were team games and one was a game between four people. The team games were coming up with a list of songs that have the word baby in them, the catch to this game is that if you didn't know the artist or movie the song came from, you had to sing it. The team with the most songs had 14, mine had 13. For the second team game each table had three unlabeled jars of baby food, and we had to guess what they were, either by smelling or tasting them. No one got all three exact! For both of those games the people on the winning teams got to pick out prizes from a box for me! They were things like baby wash, lotion, oil, a rattle, etc. The last game was hysterical to watch. The four people had four diapers and they had to figure out what substance was in each diaper (it was various kinds of chocolate bars). One of the contestants in that game was a little girl named Olivia, that is probably about 7 years old. When Shannon came out with the diapers and said we're going to play 'Guess what's in the diaper', Olivia's response was priceless, she had this incredibly sour look on her face and said 'Oh my God!' It was great! Anyways, the winner of that game won me a pack of diapers!
I had a wonderful time and I can't thank Shannon or my mom enough, it really meant the world to me!
Here's the link to the pictures from the shower...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jen_l_06

Also, don't mind the way I look in the pictures, I almost had a heartattack when I saw how swollen I was!! I've been swelling a lot lately...oh the joys of pregnancy!

No comments: