Monday, March 06, 2006

28 weeks...


Well, now I have less than 12 weeks to go before my due date arrives. It seems crazy to me that it really is coming up that fast. Before I know it there will be a little baby here.

It's neat being pregnant, getting to feel her move around inside and seeing my belly get bigger and bigger, but in all honesty I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I recently began getting more and more uncomfortable. I've had some wicked episodes of heartburn recently, I'm getting up 2-3 times a night to use the restroom, walking up three flights of stairs to our apartment is now a very slow process, etc, etc! But most of all, I just want to have my baby here, finally!

I know that the next few months are going to fly by (at least that's what everyone is telling me). But sometimes it just seems like time is standing still, or maybe moving, but only at a snails pace.

Anyways, enough complaining. On Thursday I had my first prenatal class. It was three hours of baby care. I actually had a pretty good time. And if I may boast a bit, I'm a darn good baby swaddler!! So, that's one class down and five to go. Next Thursday I have a breastfeeding class, and then I have a childbirth class every week in April.

On Wednesday I have a doctor's appointment where I get to get a shot...yea!! And then I'll have one in three weeks. Also, in less than two weeks I get to have my first baby shower, which I am so thrilled about. So I guess things are moving along a bit, huh?

Right now I'm feeling huge in the belly, and then I stop and think that she has probably five or more pounds to gain before she's ready to make her entrance into the world. Man, I'm going to be enormous!!

Your baby's eyelashes are developing, as subcutaneous fat is deposited.

Your baby is about 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels and weighs about 2 pounds 4 ounces.

With her eyesight maturing, your baby can actually see light through the womb and will even turn towad a light now.

No comments: