Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Making Your Home A Haven Challenge - Days 1,2, & 3 - Step One

Okay, so Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood started a challenge about making your home a haven. I am a HUGE homebody, so I really like to enjoy being in my home. Which means if it is cluttered and disastrous looking I can't be happy, and if mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy! So I'm going to go ahead and jump in on Day 3 of this challenge and try to combine the first three days into one! Hopefully this will help me start to feel more in control of my house, which is hard when you have a 20 month old!!

The first thing every day is this-

1. Refresh Your Spirit (5 minutes)

Take five minutes, brew a cup of tea or coffee, and sit down and be still before the Lord. Pray, read a Psalm, thank the Lord for His goodness and blessing in your life.

Having a home that is a haven starts with an inner peace in our own hearts, a quiet resting in the Lord. You can have a beautifully decorated home with everything neat and orderly, but if you are frazzled and frustrated, your home will not be a peaceful place. After all, the saying is so true, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

So before you do anything else today, take time to refresh your spirit in the Lord.

and also today-
If you have a chance, I encourage you to think of three things you are thankful for. Write them down and express gratitude to the Lord. Focus on the blessings in your life, not on the things you wish you could change. Choose to bloom where God has planted you! An attitude of gratitude will go a long way in making your home a haven!

The things that I'm thankful for:
1. My Husband - he is the greatest husband and father that I could ever ask for. He loves me and Audrey so much and it shows through his actions.
2. My Daughter - You can't spend time around Audrey and not be happy! She is such a bright light in this sometimes dark and depressing world. It truly is amazing how much a mother can love their child!
3.The Ability to Be a Homemaker and the Sacrifices That Make That Happen - I love, love, love being a stay at home mom. It is the best job ever! Though it is hard and often unrewarding I feel like I'm showing my family how much I love them by being there all the time! I love to take care of my husband and daughter!! And Bryan sacrifices so much for me to be home. He goes to work 5 days a week, every week. And he donates plasma on top of that to make extra money. He has sacrificed some of his dreams to let me live part of mine by being home and raising our daughter. If I don't say it enough, "THANK YOU, BRYAN!!". I love you and am proud to be your partner in life!!

So I have finished this part and definitely feel refreshed and peaceful and ready to start my day!! I'll post Step Two in a bit. Now I'm going to go put my "Thankful" list on the fridge to remind me all day!!

PS - I honestly don't know what's up with the fonts and text sizes. I've tried to fix it several times, but oh well, life goes on!! Sorry!




No comments: