Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Making Your Home A Haven Challenge - Days 1,2, & 3 - Step Two

Okay, now on to Step Two of the Making Your Home a Haven Challenge!!

2. Take Time To Plan-

Day One- Today's planning project is centered on a morning routine. Write down five things you want to do in the same order every morning. Keep it simple and only stick to five things. If five things seems overwhelming, start with three. Starting somewhere is better than not starting at all.
We'll be keeping each other accountable for our morning routines over the next few weeks. Put your list in a very conspicuous place and consult it first thing each morning.

My Morning Routine: (italics are finished)
1. Brush Teeth/Take Pill
2. Swish & Swipe
3. Make Bed
4. Unload Dishwasher
5. Start a Load of Laundry (if needed)

I posted this by the door leading out of my bedroom.
And they are now done for the day!!

Day Two- Do you have a plan for today? A few minutes of strategic planning before you begin your day cannot only help you to be much more productive, but it can also save you a lot of time.
If you have not done so, make a short to-do list for today of things you need to do or would like to accomplish. Keep your list to ten items or less. Number the items in order of importance and tackle the first one. Don't move on to #2 on your list until #1 is completely finished.

My To-Do List: (italics are finished)
1. Wrap the rest of the presents on hand.
2. Clean living room.
3. Clean kitchen.
4. Clean dining room.
5. Wash the dog's linens.

Day Three- In addition to writing out a short to-do list, I encourage you to plan what you are having for dinner.

Dinner:
I put out some chicken leg quarters to thaw. Bryan's going to grill them tonight and I'm thinking about grilling some corn on the cob to go along with the chicken. YUM!!!

So, there you have Step Number Two. I'll update my to-do list as I complete things. And I'll be adding Step Three in a little while!

No comments: