Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Back to FLYing.....

This summer I had barely any work, so Audrey and I were home most of the time. There would even be a period of 2 or 3 days where we didn't go ANYWHERE. During that time I really started to FLY. Check out FLYlady to see what I'm talking about. I was doing so well keeping up with the housework, I was making dinner almost every single night, I was getting into a really great routine and was getting excited about starting to "school" Audrey. Well, fast forward 2-3 months and it's all gone by the wayside. I keep up decently with the house work, I cook a couple of times a week and I have absolutely NO routine anymore. I also am a month behind on starting "school". Why is this? Life happened. All of the sudden I'm got SWAMPED at work, a few of my co-workers and I have joked that we should set up cots at the church because we practically live there. There have been many days over the past month and a half where I've had to work twice in a day. I go in for awhile in the morning, come home, feed Audrey, put her down for a nap and then feed her again once she wakes up and then we're out the door for the rest of the evening. Once we get home from the evening shift I feed her and then put her down for the night.

BUT, now, starting on Monday, my life will hopefully be less chaotic. I've dropped 2 of the evening shifts at work (they are both on days where I already have something going on in the morning). And my schedule will be much more set for the rest of the month, and into November. My goal is that starting this weekend I will get back into the swing of things. Namely, FLYing. The FLYlady program really has proved to be a lifesaver for me. I'm so much more calm when I have a routine. I've lately found myself to be getting angry very easily, and I really don't like that. I'm ready to get back to my normal, happy life. I'm ready to actually start schooling Audrey, I'm ready to have enough energy to start swimming again. Folks, after tomorrow (my last double shift day) I will be back to FLYing and my daughter, my husband, and myself will be SO much happier for it. I hope to grab a few spare moments tonight or tomorrow to come up with my routines for the days when I'm home and the days when I work. Wish me luck!

No comments: