Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why is it so hard?

To not drink soda?! I was planning on trying to finish out the month of September with drinking no regular soda. Well, I gave in. I think I've had two or so since my last post. I've found that it's the hardest when I'm out. At home I'm fine. I make a lot of iced tea (unsweetened, so I add sweetener) and I'm perfectly content drinking that. Maybe what I need to start doing is taking my small thermos with me everywhere with tea in it. That might help.

I'm still doing my swimming. I started several weeks back. The first week I did 5 days, the second I did 4 days, and I'm planning on doing 5 days this week. I feel so much better now that I'm doing this. I feel my body shaping up and I have more energy and drive.

I also cut my hair off on Friday. It's a pretty drastic cut. My hair used to be about my mid-back and now it's not even shoulder length. I don't know exactly how much was cut off, but I do know that there was a LOT of hair on the floor when we were done!!!

Let's see, what else is new this week? Bryan started auditing a class at the Austin Graduate School of Theology. He's really into Biblical studies and this opportunity presented itself, so I'm happy that he gets to do something that he enjoys. The class is once a week for 3 hours until the end of the semester, and he'll continue to audit one class each semester for awhile!

Also, we're going to be having an open house/dedication here in less than a month. (If you don't already know, the house we live in is owned by our church). So we're going to be super busy over the next several weeks trying to get everything prepared for it. The biggest job is now about half over though. Our whole house is saltillo tile and the sealant on it has been peeling pretty bad for awhile now. So, for several days this week we've had a guy here scraping up the sealant and now I think he's done with that, so we just have to get someone in here to seal it again, and for that, of course, we'll have to be out of the house. Something that I'm looking forward to doing (and with the open house I have additional incentive to get off my behond and do it) is planting flowers in both the front and back of the house. I think that it will be fun to do it and the house will look that much better on the outside!! I'll have to post pictures when I'm done.

Tonight's dinner is going to be a simple one of hard shelled tacos and corn bread. Yum!

No comments: